Theater Commons Symposium
“Are Workshops Possible?”
This symposium will look back over the multiple workshops and projects conceived in order to realize Theater Commons Tokyo’s ideal – to create a collective space for theater’s collective wisdom – and open a debate about the possibility and problems of such undertakings.
First, participants in the projects held at Theater Commons Lab and Theater Commons Tokyo ’18 will break down their experiences for us, and we will seek to establish a common ground. Then, drawing on their critical accounts, we will be joined by outsiders to debate the possibility and problems of what are described as “workshops” today.
- Program details
- Part 1
Riken Komatsu （Writer, Editor｜participated in Theater Commons Lab “Intensive Summer Workshop”）
Satoshi Hamano (Sociologist｜participated in Theater Commons Lab “Akira Takayama Lab”)
Kishodai Kageyama (Playwright, Theater Director | participated in Theater Commons Lab “Intensive Winter Workshop”)
Participants of Theater Commons Tokyo Workshops, and others
- Part 2
Akira Takayama (Port B, Theater Director)
Koki Tanaka (Artist)
Panelists of Part 1
- Moderator｜Chiaki Soma (Director of Theater Commons Tokyo)
March 10th [Sat] / 14:00-17:00
- Minato Gender Equality Center “Libra”, Libra Hall
- 1F Minato Park Shibaura, 1-16-1 Shibaura, Minato-ku, Tokyo 105-0023
- How to Participate
- Free / Booking essential (first come, first served)
- Make a reservation
- - The event is limited to 180 persons.
- Planning, Moderator│Chiaki Soma